This book is compiled of portraits of film initiatives from around the world, interwoven with conversations with adventurers who have rebooted movie theatres or built them up from the ground, in the hope that it can be an inspiring compendium for future cinema builders, filmmakers, film curators and film lovers.
Anouk De Clercq in conversation with Verena von Stackelberg, Ana López Ortego and Daniel Bejarano, Ilona Jurkonytė and Ugnė Marija Andrijauskaitė, Adam Pugh, Thomas Liu and Silja Espolin Johnson, Erika Balsom, Beatrice Gibson, María Palacios Cruz and Ben Rivers, Heather Lane and Mia Ferm.
Previously on display at the following locations
- Wolf Kino Berlin (DE), Nov 15 2019
- International Filmfestival Rotterdam (NL), Jan 27 2020
- Kunstnernes Hus Kino Oslo (NO), Feb 7 2020
- Kunstforening Tromsø (NO), Feb 8 2020
- CINEMATEK Brussels (BE), Mar 4 2020
- KASK Ghent (BE), Jun 18 2020
- Tabakalera San Sebastian (ES), Nov 12–Nov 14 2021
- Cinema RITCS Brussels (BE), May 4 2022
- Short Waves Festival Poznan (PL), Wednesday, Jun 15 2022
- bi'bak Berlin (DE), Saturday, Jun 25 2022