Central to the piece is a woman who evocates the ideal of beauty of the 19th century Pre-Raphaelite painters: etherical, melancholic, soft but also cool, inaccesible. Afterwards the image is drawn out in order to come closer to the essence and at the same time to make it more magical.
Exploring the vulnerability of the figurative in a combination of photography and animation: painting with light and painting with pixels, all of it bathing in an unreal sensuality.
Previously on display at the following locations
- Contour Mechelen (BE), Sep 17–Nov 20 2005
- Halles de Schaerbeek Brussels (BE), Oct 1–Oct 2 2005
- Center of Contemporary Art Ujazdowski Castle Warsaw (PL), Oct 15–Oct 30 2005
- Crown Gallery Brussels (BE), Dec 3 2005–Jan 14 2006
- Almost Cinema, Vooruit Gent (BE), Oct 10–Oct 14 2006
- Centro de Arte Caja de Burgos Burgos (ES), Feb 2–Mar 17 2007
- Kasteel van Gaasbeek Gaasbeek (BE), Sep 12–Nov 23 2008
- MMKA Arnhem (NL), Feb 20–May 10 2009
- Kunstenhuis Harelbeke (BE), Jul 2–Sep 27 2015