New York New York
Video, colour, 16:9, stereo, BE, 2014, 4'
Endurance Idahosa is 16 years old and left Nigeria three years ago. Since then, he lives in Belgium. He is a footballer, plays drums in the local church, loves chicken and donuts. Here, he embodies “New York New York”, a song that speaks of hopes, dreams and… endurance.
Multi-instrumentalist Jeremy Radway reinterprets the music, suggesting the idea of a one-man-orchestra roaming the streets of New York.
New York New York is a collaboration with Fairuz Ghammam and part of the Karaoke (ART) series by Davis Freeman.
Introducing Endurance Idahosa
Music Jeremy Radway
Director of Photography Tom Callemin
Produced by Random Scream
With the support of School of Arts Gent
Thank you Maaike Beuten, Marie Logie, Christine Sticher, Ann Weckx
Previously on display at the following locations
- Noorderzon Performing Arts Festival Groningen (NL), Aug 30 2014
- Schouwburg Rotterdam (NL), Sep 26 2014
- Nomad Los Angeles (US), Nov 14 2014
- BUDA Kortrijk (BE), Nov 29 2014
- Teatro Maria Matos Lisbon (PT), Dec 6 2014
- WORM - Internationaal Film Festival Rotterdam (NL), Jan 25 2015
- Nouveau théâtre Montreuil (FR), Feb 13–Feb 14 2015
- Beursschouwburg Brussel (BE), Feb 26 2015
- Theatre Garonne Toulouse (FR), Mar 20 2015
- PACT zollverein Essen (DE), Mar 28 2015
- Nouveau Théâtre de Montreuil (FR), Nov 20 2015
- Palais de Tokyo Paris (FR), Dec 18 2015
- Black Box Theatre Oslo (NO), Mar 11 2016
- Actoral Festival Marseille (FR), Oct 8 2016
- Project Arts Centre Dublin (IE), Nov 26 2016
- Fundação De Serralves Porto (PT), Jun 2–Jun 4 2017
- Winters Binnen Amsterdam (NL), Feb 17–Feb 17 2018
- Théâtre National Brussels (BE), Mar 15 2019